Monday, July 27, 2020

On Not Nicknaming Trump, second edition

 Trump is dumb. But the worst thing about him is not his imbecility, but his contempt for democracy. 

And yet...lets not be overhasty in our judgment here. Because, after all, Trump, in addition to being stupid and authoritarian, is also dishonest, vulgar, misogynistic, and bigoted. 

He has so many unpresidential qualities that it’s surprising nobody has come up with a Trump nickname that’s caught on with the public. It may be that anti-Trumpers consider it childish and undignified to slap a nickname on a rival. I know that’s the way I feel. But what if I weren’t constrained by my sense of decorum – could I come up with an appropriate nickname? Of course I could. Just to prove it, I will offer here a partial list of the nicknames that I could hurl at Trump were I not an individual of stupendous dignity:



Donny Dimwit

Donny Dumbass

Donny the Dictator

Donny Der Fuhrer

Donny Der Amerikanische Fuhrer

Donny Der Habderheadupinderass Fuhrer

Donny Dummkopf

Donny Groin Grabber

Klan Krony Trump

Donald “Jackass” Trump

Putin’s Puppet

Vlad’s Little Bitch

Orangeman

Orange Blob

Blobbo Naranjo

Lyin’ Trump

Lyin’ Loser Trump

Swamp Shyster

Dirty Don

Don the Con

Crooked Con Don

The Undapper Don

Capo di tutti Chumpi



And so on. But these are all nicknames that I decline to bestow. Because, you know, dignity and decorum.


(An earlier and somewhat longer version of this was posted on May 13, 2019.)

No comments:

Post a Comment